CITYWIDE BANKS SOCIAL MEDIA USE GUIDELINES
Applies to Citywide Banks Facebook Fan Page, Blog Website, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Citywide Banks invites customers and the general public to participate in discussions and comments on our social media network which consists of authorized pages presented on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and our blog website at www.Denver-Business-Bank.com. We have set the following guidelines and restrictions to maintain an orderly network of online communities:
- By using our social media network, users agree to comply with these guidelines and Citywide Banks’ Website Terms and Conditions. Citywide Banks reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion. Changes are effective upon posting.
- Articles, posts, comments, tweets, and other content provided on these sites are intended for general education and information purposes only, are presented “as is,” and are subject to Citywide Bank’s Website Terms and Conditions.
- The opinions expressed in any article, post, tweet, comment, or other content contained on these sites are the personal opinions of the author only and do not necessarily represent the opinions of, nor the endorsement by, Citywide Banks or any of its affiliates.
- Citywide Banks will never ask for personal or account information through email or social media network platforms. For security purposes, comments, posts, tweets, and peer-to-peer messaging on social media network sites must not include specific account or personal information.
- Citywide Banks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to moderate and not to post all or a portion of submitted comments. Comments are also subject to editing and/or removal at any time without notice. Although Citywide Banks reserves the right to moderate its social media network sites to ensure appropriate content is posted, Citywide Banks is not responsible for the content that users post or how the content is interpreted by other users or readers.
- Citywide Banks does not endorse and is not responsible for any ads or promotional messages that Facebook.com, Twitter.com. LinkedIn.com, or any other third party may place on our authorized pages.
- Citywide Banks is not responsible for the privacy or security policies on Facebook.com, Twitter.com, Linkedin.com , or other third party sites that may be linked on pages containing content that is authorized by Citywide Banks. Each user acknowledges that he or she assumes all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the internet. By its very nature, a website and the internet cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. Citywide Banks does not control the third party sites and the internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal information or other content and, therefore, Citywide Banks does not warrant any safeguard against any such interceptions or compromises to your information. Citywide Banks will NOT post comments that are or include the following:
- Unrelated to Topic We will exclude comments not related to the subject of the conversation.
- Spam Comments aim to promote a product or service, or comments posted for a purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal, political, or monetary gain, will be excluded.
- Personal Attacks If you disagree with the content, we’d like to hear from you, but ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others. Malicious intent will be excluded.
- Illegal Laws that govern use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc., will be followed. Citywide Banks’ social media networking sites should not be used to distribute unauthorized copyrighted content.
- Offensive Language Comments including but not limited to, profane or provocative language will be excluded (which means that hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit language will not be tolerated).
- Private or Confidential Information Please do not provide any of your specific account details or other personal information. If you have immediate service needs, please contact your Citywide banker or Customer Service. Do not post any comment or other content that uses another person’s information.
- Threatened or Actual Litigation We will exclude posting comments concerning threatened or actual litigation, or disputes, between you and any other person or entity.
- Honesty Do not post comments or other content that contains false, inaccurate, or misleading information. Do not misrepresent your identity or qualifications.
8. Citywide Banks does not accept comments or other content from individuals under the age of 18.
9. Content that a user submits to Citywide Banks or posts to one of its social media network sites becomes the sole property of Citywide Banks and Citywide Banks shall be free to use and distribute such content and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such content for any purpose.
10. Each user agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Citywide Banks and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a Citywide Banks social media networking site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of these guidelines.
11. Each user agrees that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a Citywide Banks social media networking site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in the city of Denver, Colorado.
12. Claims of Copyright Infringement If you believe in good faith that materials available on a Citywide Banks website infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Citywide Banks a notice requesting us to remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act permits you to send Citywide Banks a counter-notice. Details on notices and counter-notices are available here and on the Copyright Office site at http://www.copyright.gov.