Citywide Banks, a Colorado owned, family operated bank, hosted its Forty-Seventh Annual Golf Classic event at Inverness Golf Club on Thursday, August 29, 2013. More than 100 of the bank’s business clients, executive management, and commercial bankers participated in the event which included fundraising components for the Gabby Krause Foundation’s Bags of Fun program. Through bank donations and Mulligan ticket sales, the Citywide Banks event raised over $6,200 to help the foundation deliver backpacks filled with games, toys, and books to children going through serious medical treatment at Denver hospitals.
Now through September 9th, Citywide Banks is going beyond its golf tournament event to help give an extra smile to a child facing a serious medical condition. Citywide Banks is matching donations to Gabby Krause Foundation received by midnight on September 9th, up to a total of $2,500. All donations should be made directly to the Gabby Krause Foundation through the following outlets:
- Online – http://bagsoffun.org/make-a-difference/
- Phone — (720) 933-5648.
- Mail — The Gabby Krause Foundation, P.O. Box 4905, Englewood Colorado 80155.
Gabby Krause was an amazing six-year old who died in September 2004 after a courageous 19-month battle with brain cancer. Gabby had the original Bag of Fun filled with toys and fun activities when she was battling her brain cancer. Her bag helped keep her busy and happy during long hospital visits. To the delight of other patients, she always shared her games and toys.
It was Gabby’s wish that every child at the hospital could have their very own Bag of Fun. The Gabby Krause Foundation’s goal is to continue Gabby’s legacy of smiles and zest for life by delivering Bags of Fun to pediatric patients undergoing cancer treatment, kidney dialysis and heart, liver and kidney transplants throughout Colorado as well as nationally through our ever-expanding network of affiliates, and upon special request. For more information about the Gabby Krause Foundation, please visit www.BagsofFun.org.
CONGRATS TO TOURNAMENT GOLFER AWARD WINNERS
Low GROSS Score Awards
- First Place – Scott Colby, Architectual Concepts
- Second Place – Ed Mate, Colorado Golf Association
- Third Place – Perry Rickel, Marrick Medical
Low NET Score Awards
- First Place – Ken Heuer, Brock & Company CPAs
- Second Place – Bob Aucone, Robert F. Aucone, PC
- Third Place – Christian Otteson, Bieging Shapiro & Barber
Longest Drive Awards
- Women’s Award – Cathy Barna, Phoenix Loss Control
- Men’s Award – Scott Colby, Architectual Concepts
Closest to the Pin Award
- Roger Rayfield, Total Plumbing