Citywide Banks and its employees raised over $12,000 for Metro Crisis Services by participating in the charity’s Hope Floats Derby Duck Race. Metro Crisis Services is a Denver nonprofit that provides in-the-moment mental health crisis intervention through its Metro Crisis Line at 1-888-885-1222. Citywide Banks sponsored the event for $5,000. Employees and bank customers then adopted 1,466 ducks which contributed over $7,000 in additional funds to the organization.
A total of 3,860 ducks competed in the Derby Duck Race held on August 24th at City Park. Metro Crisis Services raised nearly $26,000 between corporate sponsorships and duck adoptions.
Prizes were awarded to the adoptive ‘parents’ of the first three ducks to finish the race. All prizes were provided by Metro Crisis Services. All three of the winners adopted their ducks through Citywide Banks branches:
- 1st Place, Grand Prize – Sharon Vickery ($2,500 cash)
- 2nd Place – Karen Brady (Denver Night Out – hotel, dinner, theatre tickets)
- 3rd Place – Doug Watson ($100 King Soopers gift card)
For all those that adopted a duck and told a friend about Metro Crisis Services, here is to you! Thanks for making this campaign a big success! Team Citywide was divided into eight teams for a special employee competition. Here are the final standings of our bank’s corporate teams:
- Cherry Creek / Hampden / Santa Fe Branch Team– 681 ducks
- Mississippi Branch Team – 294 ducks
- Peoria / Ops Branch Team – 213 ducks
- Arvada / Lakewood Branch Team – 114 ducks
- Colfax / Ops Branch Team – 97 ducks
- DTC / Centennial Branch Team – 47 ducks
- Boulder / Downtown Denver Branch Team – 14 ducks
- General Citywide Team – 6 ducks
Metro Crisis Services offers free, confidential, 24/7 services for mental health and substance abuse crises, information, and resource referrals. Anyone in the Denver/Boulder community can call 1-888-885-1222 for free crisis support, resource information, or informational questions; they will speak directly to a mental health professional who is available to help with individuals, family, or friends any time of the day. Metro Crisis Services is staffed by masters’ level professional clinicians – and is the only resource of its kind in Denver. For more info, visit www.metrocrisisservices.org.
For more information about Citywide Banks community outreach programs, please visit www.citywidebanks.com/community.html.